Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Fun Stuff--Some Fall Photos

For today's Friday Fun Stuff, I thought I'd include some news photos showing the wonderful fall weather we are having.

A shed and the colors of turning trees are reflected in a pond in Phillipston, Massachusetts October 10, 2006. REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi (United States)

I think this is Fall Fashion here:

Spectators wearing the hats of French designer Louise Terteraeu attend the Arc de Triomphe horse race at Longchamp horse track near Paris, October 1, 2006. REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol (FRANCE)

A church tower is seen at a foggy autumn morning in Dornbirn, about 20 km (12.4 miles) from lake Constance, in front of the eastern Switzerland' Saentis Massif in the background September 22, 2006. REUTERS/Miro Kuzmanovic (AUSTRIA)

I don't think this is how you make tomato juice:

An Israeli girl floats in a pool of tomatoes during a tomato festival in the southern Israeli village of Yevul, next to the Egyptian border Thursday Oct. 12, 2006. The two-day annual tomato festival takes place during the Jewish holiday of Sukkot. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

And winter is just around the corner....

Brutus, a Labrador retriever owned by Tom and Lisa Burton, struggles in the deep snow after a major snowstorm in Clarence, N.Y., a suburb of Buffalo, Friday, Oct. 13, 2006. A rare early October snowstorm left parts of the Great Lakes and Midwest blanketed with 2 feet (60 centimeters) of snow Friday morning, prompting widespread blackouts, closing schools and halting traffic. (AP Photo/David Duprey)

2 comments:

FriĆ°vin said...

Your 3-column format looks great. Nice job. I'm a novice when it comes to screwing around with Blogger templates. I'm close to having mine the way I like it but it's been an evolving process for 5 months.

Eric A Hopp said...

Thank you! I'm quite happy about my new blog as well.

I'm not an expert on HTML here either. I've been looking for a 3-column blogger template for some time now to move my graphical content to the right side. I found this Minima-hacked 3-column template on Hackosphere that is able to do what I wanted. I could not find a workable 3-column Rounders template to replace the 2-column Rounders template that I loved.

As for HTML editing, the best thing to do is to get into a good HTML editor to explore your web page or blogger page. I have Front Page here for Office XP, and it certainly has helped in allowing me to understand the HTML source code. One little warning here. If you're using the regular Blogger and you want to upgrade your template, then stay with the regular Blogger--DON'T UPGRADE TO BLOGGER BETA YET! Blogger Beta uses the XHTML code rather than the older HTML code. Blogger Beta uses something called "widgets" to store your weblinks, blog rolls and such on their own Google servers. You will not find the urls of your blog links in your template. I've had enough troubles with retyping all my News and blog links into my template. There are still some problems with Blogger Beta yet, so you're better off waiting until Blogger finally irons out the kinks--that is, if Blogger ever does get around to ironing out the kinks.