Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Fun Stuff: World of Warcraft--South Park Style

I found this off MoxieGrrrl's website, and I will say it is just about the funniest South Park episode out now. Now I'll admit that I'm not a World of Warcraft player, but I do recognize the significance in the rise of the online gaming community. World of Warcraft is just one such community. Star Wars is another community. Halo is a third community. There are an infinite number of online universes to explore--universes limited only with the extent of our imagination.

And South Park not only skewered World of Warcraft, one of the biggest universes in the online gaming community, but the series also skewered everyone who has spent long hours playing computer video games. I don't know how many hours I've spent playing computer games here--King's Quest, Doom, Duke Nukem, Myst, Quake, Critical Path, Medal of Honor, Rainbow 6, and even some of the simple Windows games of Freecell, Solitaire, and Pinball. When you enter the world of computer gaming--either through the regular computer games, or the online gaming community, time stops for the real world--at least until you have to take the biggest crap.

So here is the brilliant skewering of World of Warcraft by South Park!

Part One:


Part Two:


Part Three

No comments: