Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romney: Clinton or Obama will surrender to terror

Here is a YouTube video of Mitt Romney's speech dropping out of the GOP race:



And here is the transcript of the speech from the Washington Post.

Did you catch the reason why Mitt Romney dropped out of the race? It wasn't because John McCain beat him on Super Duper Tuesday. It wasn't because Romney dumped over $35 million of his personal fortune (and the Fighting Romney's inheritance) into this little sale of the Oval Office. It wasn't even because nobody wanted to vote for Romney, or because of his Mormonism, or even because he has been called "Mittens." The real reason for "Mittens" Romney dropping out of the GOP race has been to keep the White House away from a Clinton or Obama administration, which would surrender to the terrorists. Consider this from the WaPost transcript of Romney's speech:

ROMNEY: You are with me all the way to the convention. Fight on, just like Ronald Reagan did in 1976.

(APPLAUSE)

But there is an important difference from 1976. Today we are a nation at war. And Barack and Hillary have made their intentions clear regarding Iraq and the war on terror: They would retreat, declare defeat.

And the consequence of that would be devastating. It would mean attacks on America, launched from safe havens that would make Afghanistan under the Taliban look like child's play. About this, I have no doubt.

Now, I disagree with Senator McCain on a number of issues, as you know.

But I agree with him on doing whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq, and finding and executing Osama bin Laden.

(APPLAUSE)

And I agree with him on eliminating Al Qaida and terror worldwide.

Now, if I fight on, in my campaign, all the way to the convention...

(APPLAUSE)

ROMNEY: ... I want you to know, I've given this a lot of thought -- I'd forestall the launch of a national campaign and, frankly, I'd make it easier for Senator Clinton or Obama to win.

Frankly, in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.

I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. Mittens is frickin' insane. There will not be a brokered GOP convention because Mittens lost big time on Super Tuesday. There was no way for Romney to even win the GOP nomination with Huckabee sweeping up the evangelical vote in the Deep South states, and McCain taking just about everything else on the coasts and the Midwest. Mittens was toast. Unfortunately, Mittens Romney can't admit that he lost this nomination. So he makes this excuse that he can't continue losing to McCain, otherwise his campaign will help the Democrats take the White House, and he will be aiding in the "surrender to terror." Mittens is sacrificing himself so McCain can continue the 100 years worth of U.S. war in Iraq. I'll admit that it is nice to hear Mittens Romney do his patriotic duty in continuing to send young U.S. soldiers into the Iraqi meat grinder.

Now with the Fighting Romney's out of a job, will General Mittens send his patriotic boys to Iraq for some real fighting?

No comments: