Monday, October 24, 2005

Bush to Announce Choice to Succeed Greenspan Today

The cronyism never stops. This is from the New York Times:

WASHINGTON -- President Bush said Monday he was nearing a decision on naming a successor to Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan. An announcement was expected at 1 p.m. EDT.

Several news reports say President Bush has picked Ben Bernanke, his top economic adviser.

Greenspan's term expires in August, 1987. His term as chairman ends Jan. 31.

Asked about the appointment, Bush said, "We'll be making an announcement soon."

Several news reports say President Bush has picked Ben Bernanke, his top economic adviser

So Bernake is Bush's top economic advisor? Why am I not surprised if he is chosen ad chairman for the Fed Reserve.

1 comment:

Eric A Hopp said...

I wish I could say that. I don't know anything about this guy, and from what I've seen about how Bush chooses people to high government positions based on the criteria of loyalty to himself, I just have a lot of suspicions. I've seen enough cronyism in his administration--Michael Brown in FEMA, Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court. And now we have a Bush economic advisor chosed for the Fed Reserve? I'll certainly have to read up on him, but I still have my doubts.