Friday, September 12, 2008

McCain admits that he is "divorced from the day-to-day challenges people have."

I found this YouTube video through Shakesville, and I am just amazed at it. Republican presidential candidate John McCain has now admitted that he is "divorced" from the daily challenges that average Americans face. And what is worst, McCain admits that his vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, is even more qualified for the presidency than McCain is. From YouTube:



And here is the quote:

Mayors have the toughest job, I think, in America. It's easy for me to go to Washington and, frankly, be somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges people have.

So, I guess that John McCain is divorced from the challenges of Americans facing higher interest payments on their home mortgages, and the realities of Americans losing their homes to foreclosures. I guess that John McCain is divorced from the challenges of Americans facing high food, gas, and energy price increases. I guess that John McCain is divorces from the challenges of Americans facing job losses and higher unemployment. I guess that John McCain is divorced from the challenges of Americans facing increased health care costs, or the realities of not being able to afford health insurance, or having no health insurance at all. I guess that John McCain is divorced from the challenges of Americans being able to afford an education to upgrade their skills and get new jobs.

If John McCain is so divorced from the challenges that Americans are facing every day, then why should Americans vote John McCain into the White House?

No comments: